Coal City, IL Facility
In addition to our administrative offices, Coal City houses our full-service warehouse and transload/packaging distribution facility. With over 420,000 sq. Ft. of warehouse dedicated to the packaging and distribution of resins and twenty packaging lines dedicated to specific resin families and colors, this facility features G&D Trucking Inc./Hoffman Transportation's newest and most state-of-art custom warehouse management system.
Rail Transfer Facility
The rail transfer facility features an 800 railcar transloading capacity serviced by the Union Pacific railroad. All railcar spots are accessible for bulk railcar transloading, and like our Channahon facility, we own and operate a locomotive on site for internal yard switching. With no exception, we train all personnel according to FRA regulations and safety procedures. The site also features 24/7 security on-site with surveillance and key card access throughout the facility.
Resin Distribution Center
Our Coal City facility now features a new north-central Illinois resign distribution center with several advantages:
- Inventory Consolidation! We source all of our material from one centralized point
- All bulk inventory is accessible by bulk trucks 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Joint planning and implementation of new infrastructure with a customer base
- A significant reduction of rail transit time for any material sourced out of the Gulf (Does not enter Chicago rail system)
- A new distribution center located within 10 miles of UP & BNSF intermodal facilities (BNSF intermodal facility is largest In the world)
- Complete integration systematically (Creates inventory visibility)
- High producer utilization
- Green field site – 270-acre parcel (No capacity limitations)
- Import/export advantages
- Broaden portfolio of services provided (blending, bagging, pulverization, etc.)